Blackmer XL/HXL Series Pumps Meet Oilfield Transfer Needs
Blackmer is pleased to announce that its XL and HXL Series Sliding Vane Pumps feature the capability to handle a number of critical processing, filling and transfer applications that are commonly found in oil and natural gas production activities.
Both the XL and HXL Series pumps feature ductile-iron construction with a bolt-on internal relief valve that protects against excessive pumping pressures, with the XL pumps also offering replaceable casing liner and end discs that allow for east rebuilding of the pumping chamber to like-new condition without having to remove the pump from the piping. All XL and HXL pumps offer the following standard-setting operational features and benefits:
- Blackmer’s unique sliding vane pump design that allows the pump to self-adjust for wear while maintaining desired flow rates
- Excellent self-priming and dry-run capabilities
- Blackmer’s special mechanical seal and ball-bearing construction that provides maximum reliability
- A symmetrical bearing-support system that assures even product loading and long life
- External ball bearings that are isolated from the pumpage by mechanical seals in order to maximize bearing life and reduce the risk of product contamination
- Vanes that are easily replaced with the pump being required to be removed from the piping system
XL Series pumps are available in five port sizes: 1.25-, 1.5-, 2-, 3- and 4-inch. HXL Series pumps have been designed for the handling of high-volume loads and feature three port sizes: 6-, 8- and 10-inch with maximum rated capacities of 755, 1,228 and 2,220 gpm (2,858, 4,648 and 8,404 L/min), respectively.