§1 Information concerning the gathering of personal data
(1) Below, we will inform you of the gathering of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data which relates to you personally, such as name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
(2) The responsible body in accordance with Article 4 Number 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
VSX – VOGEL SOFTWARE GmbH
Managing Directors: Dipl.-Ing. Hanns-Henrik Vogel, Dipl.-Ing. Jens-Uwe Vogel
01187 Dresden / Germany
Tel.: +49 (351) 89951-0
Fax: +49 (351) 89951-11
Our data protection officer can be contacted at our above-mentioned postal address with the addition - data protection officer - and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(3) When you get in touch with us by email or via a contact form, the data provided by you (email address, if applicable your name and telephone number) will be saved by us in order to process your queries. We delete the data collected in this context, once the saving is no longer necessary, or we restrict the processing, should statutory retention obligations exist. The legal basis for this is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter b) of GDPR.
(4) Should we use engaged service providers for individual functions of our service or should we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below of the respective procedures. We will also state the determined criteria for the duration of the saving.
§2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to us concerning the personal data which relates to you:
- Right of information,
- Right of correction or deletion,
- Right to have the processing restricted,
- Right to raise an objection to the processing,
- Right of data portability
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data processing supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
§3 Gathering of personal data when visiting our website
(1) Should you merely use the website for information purposes, ie should you not register or provide us with information in other ways, we only gather the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. Should you wish to view our website, we gather the following data which is technically necessary in order to display our website for you and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f) of GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to GMT
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Respective data quantity transferred
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data named above, cookies are saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are assigned to and saved on your hard drive by the browser used by you and by means of which the location which sets the cookie (in this case, us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot start any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. The purpose of the cookies is to make the Internet service more user friendly and more effective as a whole.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which will be explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include the session cookies in particular. These save a so-called session ID, by means of which various requests of your browser can be assigned to the overall session. By means of this, your computer can be recognized again, when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a defined period, which can differ depending on the individual cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser setting as you wish and, for example, you can reject the acceptance of third party cookies or of all cookies. We wish to point out that in such a case, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
§4 Objection to the processing of your data or revocation of consent
(1) Should you have issued your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation affects the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data, once you have issued this to us.
(2) Should we base the processing of your personal data on a consideration of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case in particular if the processing is not necessary in order to fulfil a contract with you, which is set out by us in the description of the functions below. When exercising such a right of objection, we would kindly request that you set out the reasons why we should not process your personal data. In case of a justified objection, we will check the facts and either suspend or adjust the data processing or will notify you of our mandatory protectable reasons why we will continue the processing.
(3) It goes without saying that you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time. Please contact us via the address above in order to submit your objection to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes.
§5 Your enquiry to pump manufactures
Should you send a request for an offer to a pump manufacturer via our website, we will pass the data provided by you (email address, if applicable, name and telephone number) on to the pump manufacturer selected by you. This data is not saved by us. The legal basis for this is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter b) of GDPR.
§6 Customer account
You can create a customer account voluntarily. When setting up an account, the data you have provided will be stored in a revocable manner. You can always delete all other data in the user area, including your customer account. Deletion of your customer account is possible at any time and and can be done by using the function provided in the user account. You can voluntarily save your search queries in your customer account and delete them at any time. In addition, you can store your contact details so that you do not have to re-enter them each time you send a manufacturer inquiry. The legal basis for this processing is your agreement in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter a) of GDPR.
§7 Booking of advertising
(1) Should you wish to book advertising via our website, it is necessary in order to conclude the contract that you provide us with the personal data we require to perform the booking. The necessary mandatory information for the performance of the contract is marked separately, other information is voluntary. We process the data provided by you in order to perform the booking. The legal basis for this is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter b) of GDPR.
(2) Due to regulations under commercial law and tax laws, we are obliged to save your address, payment and order data for ten years. However, after two years, we restrict the processing, ie your data is only used to comply with the statutory obligations.
§8 Hosting services by a third party provider
In the course of processing on our behalf, a third party provider provides hosting and website display services for us. This serves the purpose of safeguarding our legitimate interest in the correct display of our service in accordance with Article 1 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f) of GDPR, which takes priority under the balancing of interests. All data which is gathered when using this website or in the forms provided in the webshop as described below is processed on its servers. A connection to other servers only takes place within the framework listed in this document. Our service provider is based either in the European Union or in the European Economic Area.
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, by means of which we inform you of our current offers which may be of interest to you. The goods and services being promoted are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) For the registration for our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt in procedure. This means that following your registration, we will send an email to the address provided, in which we request confirmation that you wish to receive the newsletter. Should you not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we save the respective IP addresses used by you and the times of the registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only mandatory information for the sending of the newsletter is your email address. Following your confirmation, we save your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter a) of GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and cancel the subscription. You can declare the revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter or by sending a message to the address stated above.
§10 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files which are saved on your computer and which enable an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie is generally transferred to a server of Google in the USA and saved there. In case of the activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will however be shortened first by Google in Member States of the European Union or in other Member States of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a server of Google in the USA and saved there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports concerning the website activities and to provide other services for the website operator which are connected to the use of the website and the use of the Internet.
(2) The IP transferred by your browser within the course of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data by Google.
(3) You can prevent the saving of the cookies by setting your browser software accordingly. However, we wish to inform you that in such a way, you may not be able to fully use all functions of this website. You can also prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie which relates to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin which is available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the "_anonymizeIp()“ extension. By means of this, IP addresses are then processed in shortened form and the tracing of persons can be excluded. Should the data gathered about you allow you to be traced, this will therefore be excluded immediately and the person data will be deleted straight away.
(5) We use Google Analytics in order to be able to analyse the use of our website and regularly improve it. By means of the statistics which are obtained, we can improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has agreed to abide by the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f) of GDPR.
(6) Information of the third party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 4361001.
User terms and conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html,
Data protection overview: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html,
and data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy.
§11 Use of Google Ads conversion
(1) We use the Google Ads service, in order to make our services known on external websites with the assistance of adverts (so-called Google Ads). In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. By means of this, we pursuing the interest in displaying advertising to you which is of interest to you, making our website more interesting for you and attaining a fair charging of advertising costs.
(2) These adverts are delivered by Google via so-called “ad servers”. For this purpose, we use ad server cookies, by means of which defined parameters for determining success, such as integration of the adverts or clicks by the user can be measured. Should you come across our website via a Google advert, a cookie is saved in your PC by Google Ads. These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used to personally identify you. As a rule, the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placing (frequency), most recent impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt out information (marker that the user no longer wishes to be targeted) are saved in the cookies as analysis values.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your Internet browser again. Should a user visit specific pages of the website of an Ads customer and should the cookie on his or her computer not yet have expired, Google and the customer can see that the user has clicked on the advert and was redirected to this page. Each Ads customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be traced via the websites of Ads customers. We ourselves do not gather or process any personal data in the named advertising measures. We are merely provided with statistical evaluations by Google. On the basis of these evaluations, we can see which of the advertising measures which are used are particularly effective. We do not gather any other data from the use of the adverts, in particular we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
(4) On the basis of the marketing tools which are used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence over the scope and subsequent use of the data which is gathered using this tool and are therefore informing you in accordance with our state of knowledge: By means of the integration of Ads conversion, Google is informed that you have accessed the corresponding part of our Internet presence or have clicked on one of our adverts. Should you be registered for a service of Google, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or are not logged in, it is possible for the provider to be informed of your IP address and to save it.
(5) You can prevent participation in this tracking procedure in a number of ways:
- by setting your browser software accordingly. In particular, the de-activation of third party cookies means you will not receive any adverts from third party providers;
- by de-activating the cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser in such a way that cookies are blocked for conversion tracking, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby this setting will be deleted when you also delete your cookies;
- by de-activating the interest-based adverts of the providers, which are part of this self-regulation campaign “About Ads” via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this setting will be deleted when you also delete your cookies;
- by permanent de-activation in the browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin.
We wish to point out that in such a case, you may not be able to fully use all of the functions of this website.
(6) The legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f) GDPR. Further information concerning data protection at Google can be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has agreed to abide by the EU-US Privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
§12 eBay Partner Network
(1) We are participants in the eBay Partner Network, which is offered by eBay Partner Network, Inc., 2145 Hamilton Ave., San Jose, CA 95125, USA, (hereinafter "eBay"). This is a so-called affiliate system, which was designed to provide a medium for websites, by means of which advertising costs can be earned by placing advertisements and links to eBay. This serves to safeguard our legitimate interests in the optimisation and economic exploitation of our online offer in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f) of GDPR.
By means of cookies, eBay can track the progress of the respective order and in particular that you have clicked on the respective link and then ordered the product on eBay. We have no influence on the collected data, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection and the storage period. If you are logged in at eBay, your data can be directly assigned to your account there. If you do not want the assignment with your eBay profile, you have to log out. It is possible that your data may be passed on to contractual partners of eBay and authorities. We have no influence on the data collected, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection. The data is transferred to the USA and evaluated there.
(2) You can prevent the installation of cookies from the eBay Partner Network in a number of ways:
a) by setting your browser software accordingly; In particular, the de-activation of third party cookies means you will not receive any adverts from third party providers;;
b) by de-activating the interest-based ads on eBay via the link https://www.ebay.de/help/account/adchoice/adchoice?id=4648;
c) by de-activating the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the self-regulation campaign "About Ads" via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby these settings are deleted when you delete your cookies.
We point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this offer to their full extent.
(3) For more information about the purpose and extent of data collection and processing, your rights and privacy preferences, please contact eBay Partner Network, Inc. at 2145 Hamilton Ave., San Jose, CA 95125, USA. For more information about eBay's use of data, please click here: https://partnernetwork.ebay.com/page/network-agreement?lang=us.
§13 Online job applications / publication of job vacancies
Should you send us applicant or application data, this data is gathered and processed by us electronically in order to carry out the application process. The legal basis for this processing is § 26 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and Article 88 Paragraph 1 of GDPR.
Should an employment contract be concluded after the completion of the application process, we save your data provided in the application in your employee files for the purpose of standard organisational and administrative processes. The legal basis for this processing is § 26 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and Article 88 Paragraph 1 of GDPR.
Should the application be rejected, we automatically delete the information which was provided to us two months after the rejection notification. However, the deletion does not take place if the data needs to be saved for up to four months or until the completion of court proceedings due to statutory provisions, such as the evidence obligations under the German Equal Treatment Act (AGG). In such a case, the legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f) of GDPR and § 24 Paragraph 1 Number 2 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). Our legitimate interest is represented by the legal defence or bringing of legal action.