2012 AHR Expo On Record Pace
85% of exhibit space is already reserved.
The Frank Sinatra song ‘My Kind Of Town‘ is proving to be true for nearly 1,500 HVACR manufacturers who have already been assigned more than 371,000 square feet of exhibit space for the 2012 AHR Expo at Chicago’s McCormick Place Convention Center, January 23-25.
With several months remaining before the world’s largest HVACR-exclusive exposition takes place, the 2012 Chicago Show is well on its way to establishing some very impressive numbers. Eighty five percent of exhibit space has already been sold. This is well ahead of the numbers reported seven months before the last Chicago Show (2009).
“These early numbers are very encouraging, as Chicago is traditionally the site of our largest and most successful shows,” said Clay Stevens, President of International Exposition Company, which produces and manages the AHR Expo. “History has shown that a larger exhibit area also translates into greater attendance.”
Stevens points out that Chicago holds five all-time AHR Expo records, including;
- Largest Square Footage of Exhibit Space – 410,415
- Total Number of Exhibiting Companies – 1,989
- Total Number of Registered Attendees (visitors & exhibitors) – 59,079
- Total Number of Registered Exhibitor Personnel – 24,865
- Total Number of International Exhibitors – 400
Stevens believes the combination of a steadily improving economy, pent-up demand for new equipment, and returning to Chicago for the first time in three years could lead to one of the biggest events in the Show’s illustrious 80-year history. He emphasizes that the 2012 AHR Expo is already nearly as large as the very successful 2011 Las Vegas Show, which at 379,000 square feet shattered an all-time record for West Coast HVACR events.
“Several companies have increased the size of their booth space from previous Shows and more than three-dozen first-time exhibitors have reserved thousands of square feet of space,” Stevens added. “These are good indicators that the industry is preparing for an improving economy and a strong Show.”
The 65th AHR Expo will offer several Show features including:
- More Than 100 conference sessions, seminars and workshops on a variety of critical industry topics, including nearly three dozen complimentary (no charge) sessions from several endorsing associations and organizations
- More than a dozen Short Courses (with tuition) presented by ASHRAE.
- Dozens of Complimentary New Product Technology Theater presentations where companies can unveil their latest products and technologies
- Emerging Technologies Sessions from exhibiting companies presenting new solutions
- Building Automation & Control Showcase featuring over 100 companies displaying state-of-the-art solutions
- The Software Center with over 50 companies showcasing their latest advancements
Source: International Exposition Co.