AHR Expo Announces Open Call for the 2022 Innovation Awards
AHR Expo Announces Open Call for the 2022 Innovation Awards; Entries Accepted through August 3, 2021. (Image source: International Exposition Company, Inc.)
Exhibitors are encouraged to submit new or upgraded products to compete. Entries will be accepted through August 3, 2021. The 2022 AHR Expo will be hosted at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV January 31 through February 2, 2022.
“First and foremost, we are thrilled to gather again in Las Vegas for the 2022 AHR Expo. Despite not coming together in 2021, we celebrated ten outstanding category winners and the Product of the Year, Infinitum Electric’s IEq,” said Mark Stevens, Manager of AHR Expo. “This competition celebrates the HVACR industry’s most innovative solutions through leadership in design, construction and execution. Each year we look forward to seeing the advancements in HVACR through the snapshot that the Innovation Awards provides. It is an excellent indicator of the exciting Show ahead.”
In 2003 the AHR Expo debuted the Innovation Awards as a means to highlight those in the HVACR industry creating innovative solutions for new and existing challenges and new avenues for growth. They aim to honor the most inventive, useful and original products, systems and technologies pushing boundaries and disrupting the market today.
Entries are evaluated by a panel of third-party ASHRAE members with over 20 years of professional engineering experience. The review process includes points tallied based on application, innovation, value and market impact. Winners are selected from ten industry categories, including: building automation; cooling; heating; indoor air quality; plumbing; refrigeration; software; sustainable solutions (formerly green building); tools and instruments; and ventilation. Winners and finalists demonstrating superior innovative design, creativity, application and performance will be recognized at the 2022 Show, on the AHR Expo website and social media channels, as well as in industry media coverage leading up to the Show.
An overall Product of the Year will be selected from the pool of category winners and will be announced at the Show. This prestigious honor is awarded based on exceptional leadership in HVACR innovation.
Eligibility and general information about the 2022 Innovation Awards
- The competition is open to exhibitors with a confirmed space contract, as well as a deposit payment on file for the 2022 AHR Expo.
- Eligible products include those that will be exhibited at the 2022 AHR Expo in Las Vegas and must be available for sale by January 2022.
- Exhibitors are permitted to submit one product per category.
- Product entries are limited to one product category.
- Products that have previously won an AHR Expo Innovation Award are not eligible, however, those products that have previously been named a category finalist may be re-entered.
- Completed entry forms, along with a non-refundable $100 entry fee, must be submitted by Tuesday, August, 3, 2021.
- One winner from each category will be selected. An overall Product of the Year award is selected from all category winners and announced at the 2022 Show.
Entry fees for the 2022 Innovation Awards (approximately $20,000) will be donated to a charitable organization serving the local Las Vegas area community. The donation is generally used to provide HVACR repairs or upgrades. Each year, the AHR Expo works to select a charitable organization within the area where the Show is held.
“This past year has been a catalyst for new ways of thinking and adapting,” continued Stevens. “Our industry has risen to the challenge and provided critical solutions to help us move forward. HVACR is an area of exciting innovation on the global stage and we can’t wait to see what awaits us on the Show floor in Las Vegas.”
Registration for the 2022 AHR Expo is expected to open in July of 2021.
Source: International Exposition Co.