New UltraPure – Advancing competitive edge for biotech and pharma
New UltraPure - Advancing competitive edge for biotech and pharma. (Image source: Alfa Laval)
The new LKH Prime 10 UltraPure self-priming pump and upgraded LeviMag UltraPure magnetic mixers also reduce total cost of ownership while ensuring more responsible use of resources for sterile processing applications. Both are also backed by the Alfa Laval Q-doc documentation package for full supply chain transparency.
“To improve manufacturers’ ability to compete, the UltraPure portfolio optimizes pharma and biotech processes, pushing the boundaries of sterile production,” says Per-Åke Olsson, Industry Owner, Biotech & Pharmaceutical, Alfa Laval.
One aseptic pump, two duties
The LKH Prime 10 UltraPure is the most compact ever in the LKH self-priming pump range. Perfect for duties up to 35 m3/h, it is primarily engineered for Cleaning-in-Place (CIP) return, but also transfers product in sterile processes. This delivers savings of up to 50 percent in capital expenditures and installation, and 30 percent in annual operating expenses.
Other advantages include:
- Up to 60 percent more energy savings than liquid ring pumps and up to 25 percent more than other airscrew pumps
- A fully CIPable, EHEDG-certified hygienic design
- 80 percent lower noise levels for a better working environment
- Easy maintenance and streamlined spare parts inventory due to the common LKH platform
Upgraded aseptic magnetic mixer
The upgraded Alfa Laval LeviMag UltraPure broadens the scope of hygienic mixing. An optional ATEX/EEx motor and exotic alloys now enable use in potentially explosive and highly corrosive environments. In addition, it is easy and affordable to transform the old MagMixer UltraPure into the new LeviMag UltraPure in minutes without touching the tank.
Other outstanding benefits:
- Increased yield due to gentle product treatment and the ability to mix to the last drop, with optimized impeller geometry and 100 percent levitated design
- Highest hygiene possible as the unique levitating impeller design eliminates product contamination from wear particles and secures full cleanability
- Sustainable, low-cost operation: 40 percent higher pumping capacity and reduced energy costs and CO² emissions due to flow optimized impellers
- Easy maintenance: Readily accessible wear parts take minutes to replace onsite
Source: Alfa Laval Corporate AB