Global Remarketing Agreement
GE Commercial Finance, Global Electronics Solutions (GES), a global leader in equipment life cycle solutions, and Ebara Technologies, Inc., an industry leader in vacuum technology, signed a Global Remarketing Agreement.
As part of the agreement:
- GES will remarket refurbished equipment on behalf of Ebara. The equipment, including the full line of refurbished Ebara dry pumps and ancillary equipment, will have undergone a rigorous process of evaluation and service to earn Ebara’s assurance of certified refurbishment. As a result, the equipment will qualify for on-going product enhancement services.
- Customers who purchase pre-owned systems through GES, that require vacuum subsystems including pumps, interfaces, and fittings, will have access to technical and sales support from Ebara to determine the appropriate configurations needed for proper installation and operation. These systems include Etch, CVD, PVD, LPCVD, EPI, Ion Implant systems, and others.
- Customers wishing to upgrade their existing Ebara equipment will have a wider range of options, such as cash offers, equipment exchanges and service-in-trade, through the combined resources of Ebara and GES.
- Ebara’s maintenance and support services will be available on a full range of vacuum equipment located in the Fab, whether manufactured by Ebara or another OEM. This is a distinct benefit to operations management through single-sourcing for all sub-fab needs.
- Customers purchasing new and refurbished Ebara equipment will have access to financing from GE’s Global Electronics Solutions.
“Our relationship with Ebara will enable our customers to better manage their capital equipment costs. They’ll have access to quality refurbished equipment along with Ebara’s full range of support services,” said Mike Mardesich, Senior Vice President and Director of Global Equipment Sales of GE Commercial Finance, Global Electronics Solutions. “This agreement will provide a ready supply of Ebara equipment for our existing customers and help us put our flexible financing, in-depth product expertise and global remarketing capabilities to work for an even broader customer base.”
“Ebara selected GES as our remarketing partner based on their position as a global leader in asset management” said Mark Perry, Vice President and General Manager of Ebara Technologies, Inc. “We expect this agreement will provide a real benefit to our customers.”
About GE Commercial Finance, Global Electronic Solutions
GE Commercial Finance, Global Electronics Solutions (GES) is a leading global expert in delivering customized asset management services to electronics manufacturers. Through its worldwide organization, GES provides a host of flexible financing solutions, product insights and market intelligence, as well as efficient remarketing services. GES helps customers develop a customized asset management strategy to meet their needs, enabling them to maximize their flexibility, reduce risk and increase their return on investment. For more information, visit GE Commercial Finance, Global Electronic Solutions
GE Commercial Finance, which offers businesses around the globe an array of financial products and services, has assets of over US$230 billion and is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., USA. GE is Imagination at Work – a diversified technology, media and financial services company focused on solving some of the world’s toughest problems. With products and services ranging from aircraft engines, power generation, water processing and security technology to medical imaging, business and consumer financing, media content and advanced materials, GE serves customers in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit GE
About Ebara Technologies, Inc.
EBARA Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Sacramento, California, is a U.S. based subsidiary of EBARA Corporation, a Japanese company founded in 1912, which provides a wide range of technologies including equipment, systems and services for water, air and the environment. EBARA Technologies, Inc. is a leading global innovator and worldwide supplier of vacuum technologies and advanced wafer-processing equipment for clean environments within the semiconductor industry. EBARA manufactures a full line of Dry Mechanical Pumps, Mag-lev Turbo and Hybrid Turbomolecular Drag Pumps for the semiconductor industry’s toughest applications, including LPCVD, etch, EPI and Ion Implant. The company’s offerings also include a complete line of Vacuum Valves and Fittings, Heaters for vacuum and exhaust lines, Point-of-Use Abatement systems, Wafer carrier and storage units, Airborne Molecular Contamination filters, Ozonized water and gas equipment. Our systems group manufactures Chemical Mechanical Polishers (CMP). EBARA Chemical Plating Systems (ECP), and Through-Mask Plating Systems (ThMP). EBARA maintains a superior sales and support network in the U.S. and worldwide. Additional information about EBARA Technologies, Inc. and its products can be found on the World Wide Web.
Source: EBARA Technologies, Inc.