The Hydraulic Institute Announces Standards VIPs
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) recognized the 2012 Standards VIP (Very Important Participant) recipients at the 2013 HI Annual Meeting in Fort Myers, Florida.
The VIP program, which began in 2010, recognizes individual HI members who go above and beyond in their contribution to the development of ANSI/HI Pump Standards, guidelines, and education & training programs. New Standards VIPs as well as those who achieved the next milestone level of VIP service were honored.
Individuals eligible for the Standards VIP program must be an active contributor on one or more committees and employed by an HI Member or Standards Partner company in good standing with the Institute. VIPs also receive honorary pins for their dedication and hard work. Pins are distributed for the first year of VIP service and every fifth anniversary thereafter. The pins contain a gemstone that reflects the number of years of VIP service.
Distinguished recipients who achieved milestone VIP service pins for 2012 include:
- David McKinstry, Colfax Fluid Handling - 25 years
- James Bonifas, Nidec Motor Corporation - 10 years
- Charles Cappellino, ITT - Industrial Process - 10 years
- Michael Cropper, Sulzer Pumps (US), Inc. - 10 years
- Ralph Gabriel, John Crane, Inc. - 10 years
- Ernest Sturtz, CDM Smith - 10 years
The 2012 Standards VIPs are representatives of the following HI Member and Standards Partner Companies:
- A.R. Wilfley & Sons, Inc.
- A.W. Chesterton Company
- Baldor Electric Company
- Blacoh Fluid Controls, Inc.
- CDM Smith
- Colfax Fluid Handling
- Fairbanks Nijhuis
- Flowserve Corporation
- GIW Industries, Inc.
- Grundfos North America
- Healy Engineering, Inc.
- Intelliquip, LLC
- ITT - Industrial Process
- John Anspach Consulting
- John Crane, Inc.
- Leistritz Corporation
- LEWA, Inc.
- Mechanical Solutions, Inc.
- MWH Americas, Inc.
- National Pump Company
- Neptune Chemical Pump Company
- Nidec Motor Corporation
- Patterson Pump Company
- Peerless Pump Company
- Pump Design, Development & Diagnostics, LLC
- Schneider Electric - Square D
- Siemens Industry, Inc.
- SJE Rhombus
- Smith & Loveless, Inc.
- Sulzer Process Pumps (US), Inc.
- Sulzer Pumps (US), Inc.
- TACO, Inc.
- Waukesha Bearings Corporation
- Weir Floway, Inc.
- Weir Minerals North America
- Xylem - Applied Water Systems
Source: Hydraulic Institute Inc.