Registration Is Now Open For 2008 Hydraulic Institute Annual Meeting
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) announces that it’s time to register for the 2008 Annual Meeting being held at the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort in Marco Island, Florida from February 21-26, 2008.
The 2008 HI Annual Meeting will feature thirty different technical sessions, a CEO and management track, pump educational sessions, a workshop on pump knowledge and two special presentations:
- The Push for Energy Efficiency in Pumping Systems led by Doug Kaempf, U.S. Department of Energy, Director of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Resources. This session will provide a first-hand account of DOE policy plans and straight-talk from major pump users about their future needs. Other presenters and panelist include:
- Ken Manley, Corporate Reliability Manager, International Paper
- Raul Santiago, Director of Energy, Eastman Kodak
- Steve Dowe, Director, Pulp & Paper Process, Jacobs Engineering
- William Behr, Energy Conservation Leader, Dow, Freeport
- Steve Schultz, Corporate Energy Manager, 3M
- The 2008 U.S. and Global Economy with economist, Alan Beaulieu. Alan will focus on planning for and prospering through the current business cycle and turbulent times that lay ahead. He will add insights to market data and trends that are gathered and supplied by the Hydraulic Institute and provide updates to the economic and econometric reports that HI offers to its members through the Institute for Trend Research.
The 2008 Annual Meeting offers unique networking and educational opportunities for executives, engineers and marketing professionals associated with pump and supplier companies throughout North America and Europe. In addition to guest speakers, a key feature of the meeting is the work of technical committees that meet to address industry standards, guidelines, electronic data exchange protocols, and more. Representatives from member, associate member and HI Standards Partner companies work together to develop comprehensive standards and guidelines using an ANSI-approved consensus process. They also produce other industry-related technical documents, books, educational programs and e-Learning courses.
Registration is open to all HI members, associate members and Standards Partners as well as members of Europump. Representatives from prospective member or associate member companies in the U.S., Canada or Mexico who have not attended another HI meeting are also encouraged to attend as a way to evaluate the benefits of membership. Member companies are manufacturers of pumps or pumping systems and associate member companies are suppliers to the pump manufacturers. Membership is limited to companies with manufacturing facilities in North America. Prospective members are asked to contact Mary Silver, Manager of Member Services at 973-267-9700 x17 or msilver@Pumps.org before registering to discuss eligibility.
The online meeting brochure and the forms for registration and function sign-up are available on the HI website.The early registration deadline is January 4, 2008. Substantial discounts apply for registering by January 4. Attendees are encouraged to reserve rooms at The Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort as soon as possible because space is limited.
About the Hydraulic Institute
Founded in 1917, the Hydraulic Institute, a global authority on pumps and pumping systems, is the largest association of pump producers in North America.
Source: Hydraulic Institute Inc.