JUNG PUMPEN’s Pump Selection Software PEP Completely New Now
The Pump Engineering Program P.E.P. of pump manufacturer JUNG PUMPEN has been completely revised with its new, sixth release of this year. The software is supposed to help planners, wholesalers, handymen and other users to quick and easy select lifting plants, pumps and sump systems of JUNG PUMPEN’s product line, to create product specifications and offers. P.E.P. works as expert system with direct product access or with step-by-step guidance to the desired product.
The Software Features The Following Main Functions:
- Determination of waste water quantities according to EN 12056 (AW’s) and specific drain flows of precipitations
- Hydraulic calculation and dimensioning of pipelines
- Selection of the optimal pump for the respective application
- Product-related configuration of accessories, control units and sumps
- Printout of technical datasheets, installation drawings and performance curves
- Creation of offers and printout of product specifications as brief text or full text
- Opportunity to transfer specification texts for example to WINWORD or other programs
- Data export via DATANORM-interface
New in Version 2001:
- Integrated update-function for download and for automatic installation via the Internet
- Execution of the software right from the CD – no software installation required
- Improved program guidance in terms of clear arrangement by images and graphic user elements
- Incorporation of DXF-files into the program. Optimized search function for DXF-drawings to transfer them to CAD-applications.
- Significantly extended pipe calculations
- Multi-lingual user interface
The new PEP originates from the pump selection software Spaix® of VSX – VOGEL SOFTWARE. From the beginning of their cooperation in 1994 VOGEL has been in charge of developing JUNG PUMPEN’s software solutions for the selection and sizing of centrifugal pumps, for the arrangement and configuration of complete pump stations including sumps, controls and accessories.
Furthermore the update contains of course the newest product data. The following new products have been added:
- New series US and UB
- Concrete sump DKS 1000
- Floor-mounted sump 100
- Sewage disposal unit WC Fix 260V
- Compli 400 with check valve
- UAK/UFK 08/2 ME and MES
- New control devices
- Several accessories
Customers that have registered the preceding version are automatically being provided with the update. Otherwise the software can be ordered from the respective area sales representative of JUNG. Or contact directly:
Jung Pumpen GmbH & Co
D - 33803 STEINHAGEN
Fax 05204 80 368
About JUNG PUMPEN
For decades JUNG PUMPEN has been a competent partner for innovative solutions for wastewater disposal and dewatering applications. For over 70 years the company has developed and manufactured pumps and pump stations for the sanitation of buildings and for projects in industry and communities.
Today, the Steinhagen production site with an area of approximately 20.000 m² has an annual output of more than 100.000 pumps of different types.
Jung Pumpen has an annual turnover of approximately 120 million DM with a 330-strong workforce. Besides numerous field representatives JUNG maintains own customer service offices. Subsidiaries of JUNG are in Austria and France.
About VSX VOGEL
VSX - VOGEL SOFTWARE is a worldwide leading supplier of pump selection and configuration systems. The product line includes PC-software and Internet applications for the selection and configuration of pumps and pump accessories, subsequent business processes and adjoining topics. Besides the company offers extensive software-related services. The business range Internet Services includes besides impeller.net/spaix.net the complete incorporation of the online-pump selection system into existing websites of pump manufacturers. The world’s largest pump manufacturers as e.g. ITT Industries, Ebara, KSB, ABS, Wilo-Salmson are customers of VOGEL.
Source: Jung Pumpen GmbH