Blackmer NP/SNP Sliding Vane Pumps Ideal for Oil & Gas
Blackmer is pleased to announce that its NP and SNP Series Sliding Vane Pumps possess the operational capabilities necessary to meet the needs of a number of critical operations in oil and natural gas exploration and production.
The areas in the oilfield where NP and SNP pumps set the standard include offshore oil platforms, oil and gas production sites, central tank batteries, chemical well treatments and field terminals.
NP Series pumps are ideal for the oilfield because they offer many seal and material options for handling a wide variety of clean, non-corrosive liquids. The stainless-steel SNP Series pumps are capable of handling a wide range of corrosive and caustic fluids. Both the NP and SNP pumps offer the following features and benefits:
- Unique sliding vane design that self-adjusts for wear to maintain flow rates while minimizing shear and agitation
- Excellent self-priming and dry-run capabilities
- Shaft stuffing box that accommodates most standard aftermarket mechanical seal configurations
- Optional John Crane of Flowserve mechanical seal with stainless-steel, carbon and PTFE construction
- Jacketed pump-head option for high-temperature operation
- Symmetrical bearing support that assures even loading and wear for long life
- Adjustable relief valve that protects against excessive pressures
- Easy maintenance in which vanes are replaced without needing to remove the pump from the piping system
NP Series pumps are available in five port sizes, from 1.5- to 4-inch, with the SNP Series pumps also available in five port sizes, from 1.25- to 3-inch.