Xylem Brings Together Leading Water Industry Experts to Discuss Modernizing Water Infrastructure at May 17th Summit
Xylem is bringing together water industry leaders and utility operators to discuss Modernizing Water Infrastructure.
During the workshop, experts on water, sustainable water management and infrastructure will share insights, best practices, and innovative approaches on optimizing water distribution.
All sessions of the live workshop will also be available via webinar.
George Hawkins, recently retired CEO of DC Water, professor, environmentalist and long-time public servant, will present his thoughts on how the management of water can be transformed to better meet the needs of the community while ensuring water affordability. After Mr. Hawkins’ opening address, the following water industry leaders will present:
- Arturo Acevedo, Section Manager at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) will present “Pipe Integrity Strategies – WSSC, 100 Years and Counting”
- Jody Caldwell, Asset Management Director from Great Lakes Water Authority (GLWA) will discuss how GLWA is building their asset management program from the (under)ground up in his presentation “A Clean Slate for Asset Management”
- Mike Higgins, SVP of Xylem’s Pure Technologies business will discuss “Buried Infrastructure Philosophies for Success”
- Bridget Berardinelli, VP for Product Management and Continuous Improvement at Xylem, will present “Distributed Sensing and Real-time Control” and the impact on service and quality.
- Kristen Smith, Xylem, will present “Smart Metering and Analytics to Generate Real Results”
- Susan Donnally, Area Regional Manager for Xylem’s Pure Technologies, will discuss advanced technologies and practices to “Manage Large Diameter Transmission Mains”
- Vice President of Xylem’s Pure Analytics Travis Wagner will present innovative approaches that can be applied to manage small diameter networks
- Frank Blaha (invited guest speaker), regional liaison for The Water Research Foundation, will discuss initiatives to improve innovation in the water industry
Albert Cho, Vice President and General Manager of Advanced Infrastructure Analytics at Xylem, said, “Technology is revolutionizing the way the water industry manages their infrastructure. This workshop will feature industry thought leaders discussing groundbreaking solutions to managing water infrastructure. Our goal is to provide attendees with actionable insights and management best practices that can be used within their organizations and put to good use.”
In addition to the presentations, there will be roundtable discussions featuring utility leaders Jay Mantua (WSSC) and Jay Price (Baltimore City) on recent extreme weather events and how utilities managed through these occurrences.
The full-day workshop is designed to provide water infrastructure professionals with insights about new operating models and state-of-the-art technologies available today that are revolutionizing water and wastewater management. There will also be demonstrations of some of the latest advanced technologies and tools.
Source: Xylem Inc.