Members Elect New Board of Directors and Officers
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) announced its 2004 – 2005 Board of Directors and officers during a general session of the annual meeting held recently in Naples, Florida.
Among the roster of key executives, Pasquale DePalma, president of ITT Fluid Handling Division, Morton Grove, IL, will serve as board chairman; James Russell Phillips, president and chief executive officer of Shurflo Pump Mfg., Santa Ana, CA, will serve as president; Robert Parrin, president of Labour Pump Division – Sterling Fluid Systems, Indianapolis, IN, will serve as vice president, technical affairs; and Robert Pagano, president, ITT Industrial Products Group, ITT Industries, Seneca Falls, NY, will serve as vice president, member services.
Additional members of the board include:
- Cesar Montenegro, president and chief executive officer, Sulzer Pumps (USA), Portland, OR
- Peter Haentjens, president, Weir Hazelton, Hazelton, PA
- Thomas Haan, president, Burgmann Seals America, Houston, TX
- Ed Laprade, president – Industrial Units, Hamilton Sunstrand, Windsor Locks, NJ
- Tom Ferguson, president, Flowserve Corporation - Pump Division, Irving, TX
- Rich Heppe, vice president and general manager, Specialty Motor Group, Emerson Motors/US Motors, Inc., St. Louis, MO
- Dan Ross, president, Tuthill Pump, Alsip, IL
- Rick Steber, vice president and general manager, Gardner Denver Pump Division, Tulsa, OK
The following past presidents will serve as ex-officio members:
- Al Huber, president of Patterson Pump Company, Toccoa, GA
- Ron Yates, president of Iwaki Walchem Corp., Holliston, MA
- Raymond Dunn, president, Floway Pumps, Fresno, CA
- James T. Donnelly, president and chief executive officer, Sta-Rite Industries, Inc., Delavan, WI
- Robert Ayers, president, ITT Industries – Fluid Technology, Upper Saddle River, NJ.
Robert K. Asdal, executive director of HI serves as secretary/treasurer and David S. Versfelt, Esq., Kirkpatrick & Lockhart LLP, New York City, serves as legal counsel.
The 87-year old Hydraulic Institute, the largest association of pump producers in North America, serves member companies and pump users by providing product standards, and forums for the exchange of industry information.
To learn about membership in the Hydraulic Institute, prospective members are invited to call HI Executive Director Bob Asdal at ++1 (973) 267-9700. Information on the Hydraulic Institute, its services, standards, publications and meetings, can be found at the HI web site and at www.pumplearning.org. Requests may also be faxed to ++ 1 (973) 267-9055 or mailed to 9 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA.
Source: Hydraulic Institute Inc.