Normpumps are pumps that comply with the guidelines or regulations of a standardization organization.
The standards regulate, for example, the main dimensions of the pump unit. This enables manufacturer-independent interchangeability.
The most important standardization organizations for pumps include:
- ANSI American National Standard Institute
- API American Pertroleum Institute
- BPMA British Pump Manufacturers Association
- DIN Deutsches Institut für Normung
- HI Hydraulic Institute
- ISO International Organisation for Standardization
- UNI Unificazione Italiana
- VDMA Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau