Moyno 2000 HS System Technology Targets Dewatered Sludge Cake
The Moyno 2000 HS system is a significant technology advancement for the wastewater treatment industry. It can pump filter cake further distances with higher volumetric efficiencies than other progressing cavity pumps.
Its twin-screw feeder supplies a constant, pressurized feed rate to the pump resulting in a 100 percent pump cavity fill rate. The Moyno 2000 HS System features an integral hopper with a twin-screw auger feeder and specially designed progressing cavity pump that efficiently handles dewatered municipal sludge to over 50 percent solids. The enhanced design of the Ultra-Feed pump rotor provides superior volumetric efficiency.
The Moyno 2000 HS System combines high pump efficiency with low discharge pressure to provide unmatched performance in high solids sludge cake transfer. Compared to hydraulically driven, piston ram type pumps and open conveyors, the Moyno 2000 HS System requires lower capital investment, lower operating costs and less maintenance.
For application versatility, the Moyno 2000 HS System offers varying twin screw feeder and hopper lengths to match wide feed areas from centrifuges and one- through three-meter length belt filter presses. The twin screw feeder and the hopper length can be readily modified without changing the pump arrangement.
Additional features of the Moyno 2000 HS System:
- The concentric rotation of the augers in a close tolerance pressure tube allows the twin screw feeder to generate positive stuffing pressure to the pump inlet
- The dual augers counter-rotate to create a pull-down effect with the product
- The intermeshing augers provide self-cleaning action so filter cake will not stick to the augers and fill in the flights
- The hopper sidewalls are completely vertical leading into the augers, which does not allow filter cake to bridge
- The close tolerance of the augers to the sidewalls eliminates any product ledge where filter cake bridging can gain a foothold
- The twin screw feeder can be run at a separate speed from the pump rotation, allowing control over the amount of stuffing pressure
- The Moyno pump’s universal joint is out of flow path for unobstructed flow to the pump cavity inlet
- The wide sweep pump inlet lowers friction loss
- The patented auger feed on the rotor head stuffs product directly into the cavity without obstruction
Picture: Moyno™ 2000 HS System (Image: Moyno)