Leading Manufacturers in a Global Pump Search Engine
The new search engine for centrifugal pumps spaix.net combines the advantages of an Internet directory with the technical selection of pumps featuring different search methods depending on the user profile and the type of application. The integrated B2B functions enable fast and direct contacts between pump manufacturers and customers and the automation of business processes to a great extend. With spaix.net VSX-VOGEL SOFTWARE - one of the world’s leading manufacturers of pump selection software - goes ahead with the expansion of its Internet products and services.
The new system is going to be introduced the first time to the attending international public at the Pump Users International Forum in Karlsruhe October 10th - 12th 2000. At the same time it will be opened on the web. Leading pump manufacturers of different branches have already confirmed their participation from the beginning of the project.
Pump manufacturers will benefit from the following advantages:
- Their offering of products world-wide in connection with a qualified technical selection
- A tremendous opportunity to get new customers by the surroundings of various industrial sectors and different pump manufacturers
- Initiation of direct contacts to potential customers - inquiries will be automatically forwarded to the manufacturer’s e-mail address
- Additional advertising effects by the presentation of the search engine at the Pump Users International Forum
Interested pump companies can be integrated in the search engine free of charge. The only requirement for the participation in this project is to provide the technical pump data in the standardized formats either according to VDMA 24278 or in CEF-format. Those data can be generated for example by the data maintenance program of the pump selection software Spaix® Classic. But VSX provides also the data input service of feeding the database from printed catalogues as well as the data conversion from other sources.
The advantages for the users of the search engine, as planers, pump users, plumbers etc., mainly are
- Access to pump data of different manufacturers and branches within one system
- Comprehensive pump selection features (e.g. performance curve conversion methods)
- Easy-to-use user interface
- No software installation, since the system runs in the web browser
- Simple communication with pump manufacturers because of the integrated shopping cart and e-mail functions
More information one can find at the software manufacturer’s web site at www.vsx.net and from October 10, 2000 at www.spaix.net.
Pump Users International Forum 2000, Karlsruhe October 10-12, booth C10
Source: VSX – VOGEL SOFTWARE GmbH