Blackmer Reintroduces Sliding Vane Pump For Use In Specialty-Gas Applications
Blackmer has announced that due to high customer demand, it is reintroducing its Model SGLD4B 4-inch Sliding Vane Specialty Gas pump. The SGLD4B pumps have been designed for the liquid transfer and recirculation of refrigerants and other liquefied gases.
SGLD4B pumps are constructed of shock-resistant ductile iron and available with a wide variety of seal materials. The pump’s sliding vane operation provides excellent priming capability and high performance over a wide range of temperatures and differential pressures. The vanes self-adjust as they wear, maintaining the operational efficiency of the pump. The vanes, liner and end discs are all easily replaced, offering the ability to bring the pump back to like-new specifications.
The SGLD4B pump has been reintroduced with the following modifications that have been made to Blackmer’s previous SGLD4A pump design:
- Pump heads now feature 14 bolts instead of 18 bolts and the jackscrew hole size has been increased from 3/8” to 1/2”. The head bolts are now used to remove the head instead of the bearing cover bolts
- The casing has been changed to a 14-bolt circle instead of the previous 18-bolt style, while the capscrew size remains the same
- The pushrods have been changed to larger diameter non-metallic pushrods
- The rotor and shaft have larger diameter pushrod holes to accommodate the larger pushrods
- Blackmer has created a Rebuild Kit that includes the new pushrods, rotor and shaft and removes the old SGLD4A parts