Armstrong Unveils New Line of Outdoor Pumps
New Line of Outdoor Pumps (Image Source: Armstrong Fluid Technology Ltd.)
Featuring advanced performance mapping technology and load-limiting logic, the new pumps reduce energy consumption by as much as 30% compared to pumps supplied with a loose variable speed drive. Together with new more efficient pump hydraulics, the new 1 to 10hp pumps can save an additional 20% compared to competing integrated products with induction motors.
Other features of the new Design Envelope outdoor pumps include:
- Cover to protect touchscreen user interface from dirt & sunlight
- Overhead weather shield protects motor fan from ice seizures
- Factory-tested NEMA 4X rated controls are TL approved
- Available Parallel Sensorless control provides additional energy savings through best-efficiency staging
- Available Pump Manager service provides pump performance tracking along with alerts, alarms and data storage
“The conventional approach to rooftop and outdoor pumps is to install VFDs in a central, outdoor-rated control panel, separate from the pumps. This adds unnecessary costs and requires a larger footprint” said Zeljko Terzic, Global Offering Manager, Pumps. “Our new Design Envelope pumps feature integrated controls for a reduced footprint and substantially reduced installation costs.”
Source: Armstrong Fluid Technology Ltd.