Xylem Introduces CentriPro Xtreme Duty 4” Submersible Motor
Xylem Inc. has introduced the CentriPro Xtreme Duty 4” submersible motor. Designed especially for sandy wells and coal bed methane applications, the CentriPro Xtreme Duty motor uniquely combines both sand fighting and coal bed methane motor capabilities into one unit.
A silicon carbide mechanical seal and a felt diaphragm filter prevent coal fines and other abrasives from entering the motor. All sizes feature a 17-4PH stainless steel shaft and 1500# thrust bearings, compared to the industry standard 2HP and 3HP motors with 900# bearings. The complete line is available in:
- Single-phase, 2-5HP 230 Volt
- Three-phase, 3-7.5HP 230 Volt
- Three-phase, 3-10HP 460 Volt
The Xtreme Duty motor also features a new pressure equalizing diaphragm cover to prevent debris from entering. Other features of the Xtreme Duty motor include:
- Standard 15’ motor leads
- Silicon carbide mechanical seal rather than lip seals
- Top end bell to accommodate the mechanical seal with bronze seal cover
- 304 Cast SS thrust bearing housing for corrosion resistance
- Epoxy painted diaphragm cover
Picture: CentriPro Xtreme Duty 4” Submersible Motor (Image: Xylem)
Source: Xylem Inc.