TurboTides Announces 2020 Annual Release
These upgrades were developed in response to input from TurboTide’s software users for the benefit of existing and new users. With the new features and an advanced graphical user interface (GUI) in this version, the TurboTides 2020 Annual Release is a superior comprehensive integrated software system for the optimization of centrifugal and axial compressors, turbines, pumps and fans.
“We are very excited about this release,” said Xuwen Qiu, Ph.D., founder and president of TurboTides. “This release is an important milestone for TurboTides as it incorporates all the components we set out to include when we started the company.”
Qiu added that TurboTides is designed to address two primary issues in a typical turbomachinery design optimization process:
- Ability to Complete Designs on a Single Platform: Current processes require the use of many separate design and simulation tools, ranging from preliminary design, 3D geometry generation, 2D and 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), meshing, optimization and more. The data transfer between each stage of designs can be tedious and time consuming. TurboTides is a seamlessly integrated system that allows users to complete designs on a single platform with all the functional modules interacting with each other, making the design iterations much more efficient. Designers can now focus more time coming up with innovative ideas to improve machine performance.
- Ability to Bring in and Build on Existing Data: In a typical design system, the quality of the simulation is dependent on the accuracy of the solver, and more accurate test data cannot be brought into the process. The data reduction technology developed by TurboTides allows designers to use existing, higher-fidelity data to calibrate 1D models, thus fast-tracking design iterations.
“The benefit of enabling users to tie existing design data into a 1D model with the known accuracy of test data is a highly valuable time saver that also greatly enhances and accelerates product evolution,” Qiu says.
Some benefits of the new features and upgrades in the TurboTides 2020 Annual Release are:
- the use of CFD or test data to calibrate 1D models.
- sophisticated volute editing capabilities, such as various cross-section shape and area distribution, plus dual volute and tongue editing that allows users to generate accurate 3D volute models.
- the ability to bring in past successful designs, then parameterize and use them as the basis for the next design evolution.
- the use of secondary flow path capability to perform 3D CFD calculation for front and rear leakage paths, as well as casing treatment applications, for accurate leakage flow and axial thrust predictions.
- the ability to define cutting tools and the tool path to generate flank millable blades to reduce manufacturing costs.
The TurboTides 2020 Annual Release is now available via the company’s worldwide sales office and authorized distributors.
Source: TurboTides Inc.