The New Generation of Elastomer Bellows Seals eMG1 and eMG bye EagleBurgmann
With the latest generation of pump seals, eMG1 and eMG, EagleBurgmann has launched a further development of the proven MG1 on the market which can be used to seal, among other things, chemical pumps, water and waste water pumps, circulating pumps and submersible motor pumps in numerous industrial sectors.
eMG1 and eMG – the new generation of EagleBurgmann pump seals (Image: EagleBurgmann)
The eMG1 is 100 % compatible with the well-known MG1 standard seal. It has been innovated in detail and functionally expanded. The optimized geometry of the eMG1 elastomer bellows was tested in long-term applications on EagleBurgmann test facilities and in practical use. A vastly reduced outer diameter of the bellows support now allows direct support by a retaining ring or with the use of much smaller spacer rings. The optimized bellows shape improves the automatic alignment of the bellows on the shaft and minimizes stick-slip effects. The characteristic innovative element is the profiled PEEK-PTFE disk which ensures consistent centering across the entire pressure operating range, exhibits outstanding sliding properties and safeguards the automatic alignment of the elastomer bellows in operation through continuous self-cleaning. The eMG1 is available in numerous material combinations. The program now includes the new face material eSiC-Q7, a powerful silicon carbide optimized towards friction and wear with hydrodynamic properties.
The eMG is identical in construction with the eMG1, but has a 20 % shorter installation length. This provides manufacturers with new opportunities in pump construction: e.g., a more compact design due to shorter shafts with the associated material savings and increased efficiency. The rotating unit is extremely space-saving. The computed pre-modelled bellows design and the spring assembly have no excess lengths and the outer diameter of the bellows support was reduced to a minimum. The standard stationary seat of the eMG is also the short-installation type G6 ring. Synthetic resin impregnated carbon graphite) (B) and the optimized silicon carbide eSIC-Q7 are the standard materials.
Features of the eMG1 and eMG: for plain shafts, unbalanced, elastomer bellows rotating, bi-directional, can be used as single and double seal.
Advantages at a glance:
- li>100 % compatible with MG1 (eMG1)
- Smaller outer diameter of bellows support enables direct retaining ring support, or smaller spacer rings
- Optimal alignment characteristic through self-cleaning of disk/shaft
- Improved centering across entire pressure operating range
- Special bellows design protects the shaft across the entire seal length and the seal face during assembly
- Dimensional adjustments and additional stationary seat geometries possible
20 % shorter installation length (eMG)
- Shaft diameter: d1 = 15 … 100 mm (0.59" ... 3.94")
- Pressure: p1 = 16 bar (230 PSI), vacuum ... 0.5 bar (7.25 PSI),
up to 1 bar (14.5 PSI) with seat locking
- Temperature: t = -20 °C … +140 °C (-4 °F … +284 °F)
- Sliding velocity: vg = 10 m/s (33 ft/s)
- Admissible axial movement: ±2.0 mm