Revolutionary New VSX Pumps Feature Several Industry Firsts
A new series of split-case pumps with several features never before offered in the HVAC industry has been introduced by Bell & Gossett. Aptly named the VSX Series (vertical split-case excellence), the new pumps are designed to provide unparalleled performance and reliability over a wide range of applications.
The new VSX Series (vertical split-case excellence) pumps from Bell & Gossett (photo: Bell & Gossett).
Based on extensive research and feedback from more than three hundred (300) end users around the world, Bell & Gossett has created a double-suction, split-case, base-mounted, centrifugal pump offering these unique “industry first” features:
- Multiple suction and discharge flange configurations that maximize piping possibilities can reduce the overall equipment footprints by up to 40%. The VSX connection options include the VSC model (Top Suction –Top Discharge flanges), VSCS model (Side Suction –Top Discharge flanges) and the VSH (Side Suction, Side-Discharge flanges).
- The hydraulic matching of the pump impeller and casing was achieved by utilizing Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). The result is a product offering superior performance in chillers, cooling towers, distributive pumping and a wide range of additional applications.
- The CFD process also allows any one of the three VSX models (VSH, VSC & VSCS) to provide the identical level of hydraulic performance – no matter what orientation of the pump flanges are selected.
- The HVAC industry’s first wireless pump monitoring system that allows remote monitoring via the Internet 24/7 from any location in the world as a standard option.
- First built-in generator to power the pump’s sensors and data monitor.
- A groutless base plate that significantly reduces labor and material costs during installation.
- Unique “Plug-n-Play” capability that allows simple field modifications for mechanical seals, external seal flushing and wireless monitoring.
- Flows from 500 - 15,000 GPM
- Heads from 30 - 425 feet
- Working Pressures of 175 and 300 psig
- ANSI Flange Ratings of 125 and 250 lb.
- Temperature from 0 to 300 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Internally Self-Flushing Mechanical Seals
- ANSI / OSHA coupling guard
- Alignment-friendly, variable speed capable coupling
- One-piece unitized mechanical seal to simplify servicing
- Maintenance-free bearings
Other features of the pump include:
“Based on our comprehensive Voice of the Customer (VOC) program that consisted of interviewing hundreds of our customers, we have created a pump that features the ultimate in high efficiency hydraulic design, reliability, and installation versatility”, said Steve Schmitz, Sr. Product Line Manger for pumps at Bell & Gossett. “The industry experts – our customers, told us what they wanted and we’ve delivered a unique series of pumps designed to their specifications.”
The new VSX pumps will be available to the HVAC industry in February 2006 and will feature 36 sizes and models.
For more information contact Bell & Gossett:
8200 N. Austin Avenue
Morton Grove, IL 60053
Phone: ++1 847/966-3700;
or visit the Company’s website.
Bell & Gossett, a unit of ITT Industries, is a leading manufacturer of centrifugal pumps, circulators, hydronic specialties, heat exchangers, and packaged systems for variable and constant speed pumping, heat transfer and pressure boosting.
Source: Xylem Inc.