Pumps& Valves 2002: Finall Arrangements
By the beginning of June, 163 exhibitors – from Belgium (76%), the Netherlands (16%), Germany, Italy, China, Luxembourg and the USA – had announced their participation at Pumps & Valves, the trade fair for industrial pumps, control valves, shutt-off valves, services and accessories. New at Pumps & Valves 2002 are: the Service Village, the fringe programme (comprising seminars and product presentations), job vacancies and Package and VIP formula.
In the Service Village, 12 companies and associations (at the time of writing) are ready and waiting with offers relating to maintenance, training, quality control, normalisation and certification, software and/or engineering. The companies in question are:
- BEMAS vzw (maintenance, training, normalisation)
- Spirax-Sarco (maintenance, training, engineering)
- De Backer & C° (maintenance)
- Apragaz (quality control, normalisation)
- Sterling Fluid Systems (maintenance)
- Pump Support (training, software, engineering)
- Trem-Tipco (software)
- Rem-B (maintenance, training)
- Antwerp Lion Oil Works (maintenance)
- Brant Industrial Services (maintenance)
- Glynwed (maintenance, training, engineering)
- Elsevier BNT (training)
The emphasis in the Service Village will be on helping people meet and on providing a speedy response to visitors’ queries.
Seminars and Product Presentations
In addition, at this year’s Pumps & Valves, at least 6 seminars/product presentations (free entry) will be dedicated to the following topics:
- WTCM: "Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)"
- Wilo: "Industry’s efforts at recovering rainwater: an economic and environment-friendly solution."
- Tyco: "Two-phase discharges and safety valves. An overview of the two-phase dischargers of safety valves, with emphasis on the "Omega method" and the consequences thereof when selecting a safety valve."
- KSB: "Pumps and valves are becoming “smart”. Integrated sensors, miniature chip cards with powerful software options, and diagnostic and communicative properties are becoming more important for optimised and accurate accessories."
and on the Wednesday, specifically for French-speaking visitors:
- Ensival-Moret: "Pumping liquid gases "
- ITT-Flyght: "Life Cycle Cost (LCC)."
A separate folder with details of the fringe programme can be obtained from the organisers or from the web site (www.pumps-valves).
Another initiative altogether is the possibility granted exhibitors of advertising their current job vacancies at Pumps & Valves. Before the exhibition, all vacancies will already have appeared on the web site or in the respective visitors’ profiles. At the exhibition itself, all information on vacancies will be displayed at a separate stand in Hall 1. A special welcome will be extended to final-year students on Wednesday 16 October.
Finally, visitors will be made to feel more at home than ever, both during and after the exhibition. Those taking advantage of the Package formula (cost: € 50 /person) shall be provided with:
- coach transport from various pick-up points in Belgium and the Netherlands
- newspapers and trade magazines
- “no-queue” entry
- a welcome coffee and fruit juice, sandwich lunch, hot and cold drinks
- entry to the fringe programme and a farewell drink
In addition, exhibitors (only) can spoil their top customers if they choose the VIP formula, which secures the following for their guests:
- advance delivery of the catalogue
- reserved parking space
- VIP badge (free entry) provided they register in advance
- entry via a separate gate (hall 3)
- admittance to the VIP lounge (hall 1)
- free bar (champagne, white wine, red wine, aperitifs, soft drinks, tea and coffee) and snacks (toastjes and rolls filled with delicacies) in the VIP lounge
Last but not least, each exhibition hall shall have its own bar area where exhibitors and visitors can congregate to discuss matters in private.
- Place: Bouwcentrum Antwerpen (hall 1-2-3)
- Date: Wednesday 16, Thursday 17 and Friday 18 October 2002, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (except Thursday 17/10/02 from 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.)
To obtain reduced-price entry, a seminar folder or information about the Package formula: contact Fairtec nv, Steven Duytschaever, Project Co-ordinator - Tel: +32 (0)3 354 08 80 - Fax: +32 (0)3 354 08 10 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website containing all practical info /inquiries about free admittance /seminar folder: http://www.pumps-valves.com.
*** *** ***
For further information, contact: FAIRTEC N.V., Mrs. Ann Ferket, Communications Co-ordinator, Tel: +32 (0)3-354.08.80 - Fax: +32 (0)3-354.08.10, E-mail: email@example.com - http://www.fairtec.com
Source: Easyfairs Group