Pumping Fundamentals Workshop
A one-day course designed to enable individuals with a general engineering or commercial background to gain an understanding of the principles associated with the pumping of liquids.
It is aimed at those whose role includes the planning and specification of pumping operations and anyone who has a need to be conversant with the principles of the pumping process. The course provides a foundation of understanding the issues that need to be considered when planning a pumping operation. A series of presentations and exercises will be used to illustrate the principles underlying the process in the most practical way possible. Course members will have the opportunity to demonstrate their skills and knowledge by undertaking a straightforward assessment and awarded a certificate.
At the end of th course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the qualities of liquids and the implication for pumping
- State the main terms used in pumping and systems operation
- Identify different pump types, key features, applications and limitations
- Work with pump and pumping system performance characteristics
- Undertake simple pump selection procedures based on hydraulic parameters
The workshop will be presented by Derek J Burgoyne CEng FIMechE; Pumping Engineer and Training Consultant, a former member of the Fluid Machinery Committee and representative of the BPMA.