POLLUTEC 2004 – 63,000 Expected Visitors
The 20th Pollutec, the international exhibition of environment equipment, technologies and services, which will be held from 30th November to 3rd December at Lyons Eurexpo, France, expects to continue its expansion, with 2,400 exhibitors, including 30% from outside France.
As of 13th September, that is more than two and a half months before the show opens, over 96% of the available space had already been booked and the show’s two flagship sectors – Waste/Recycling and Water – were showing significant growth.
A unique range of solutions
Over 63,000 professional visitors – from a hundred countries – are expected at this global environment show. Occupying an area of 90,000 m² and with more than 1,500 stands, Pollutec offers them a unique panorama of solutions to the problems encountered by industry and local authorities in every field of the environment: water, waste/recycling, of course, but also air, energy, decontamination of polluted sites and soils, risk prevention and management, development and protection of the coast, analysis/measurement/monitoring etc.
More than ever before, this year the show will reflect changes in the interests of the professionals by giving pride of place to pace-setting markets such as renewables and the decontamination of polluted sites and soils – as well as, for the first time, tackling a theme that embodies the concerns of both industry and the general public – Health and the Environment – which will be the subject of numerous discussions.
Technological innovation will, as always, be omnipresent and numerous SMEs, both French and foreign, will line up alongside major international groups.
Over 700 foreign companies will be present at the show, often clustered on the national stands. As of 13th September, 14 countries have already announced they will have major national stands: Germany of course, the country with the strongest presence, will have 4 regions (Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, North Rhine Westphalia and Rhineland Palatinate), Austria, Belgium (Brussels-Capital and Wallonia), Canada, China, Luxemburg, Japan (via NEDO), Morocco, Pollutec’s country of the year, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
A packed programme of international meetings
In 2002 in Lyons, Pollutec welcomed nearly 6,000 foreign visitors from 101 countries. This year there will undoubtedly be even more of them, thanks to a strong commitment from national and regional players in export development and the packed programme of meetings being held.
The following have already been announced:
- A major international symposium – at the opening of the show – on the theme of “European environmental health policy: what challenges, what consequences for industry and local authorities?” Organized by the EFAEP (European Federation of Associations of Environmental Professionals) and AFITE, its French member, this will primarily focus on the national environmental health plans of a large number of European countries;
- A series of meetings devoted to Morocco, country of the year: national stand hosting the major organizations involved in the environment, the visit of important delegations accompanying the Minister of Regional Development, Water and the Environment, presentation of Moroccan environmental policy, conferences and meetings devoted to the country’s priorities (protection of water resources, management of municipal waste, decentralized Franco-Moroccan co-operation), presentation of model initiatives
- A Polish Day (2nd December), with the presence on the stand of the National Fund for the Protection and Management of the Environment, a half day conference on the investment needs of Poland in the environment field, business meetings between French and Polish companies
- Focus on Brazil under the auspices of the State of Rio de Janeiro, comprising technology and business meetings, with the presence of a delegation from the Rio Industries Federation (FIRJAN) and SEMADU and FEEMA experts;
- Numerous business meetings (Al-Invest, Pro-Invest) organized in partnership with UNIDO, UBIFRANCE and ERAI, to encourage technology transfers between Latin American and African (Senegal, Mali…) manufacturers and their European counterparts;
- The official presentation (1st December) of the 2nd EEP Awards – European Environmental Innovation Awards organized by the EEP (European Environmental Press) association, in partnership with the EFAEP (European Federation of Associations of Environmental Professionals).
Specific services for foreign visitors
Numerous foreign delegations are expected, especially from Western, Central and Eastern Europe – naturally – as well as Morocco, Africa (Senegal, Benin, Burkina…), Canada, Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Chile…) and Asia (China, Korea, Japan, Vietnam…).
In order to help them make the most of their visit and to establish contacts, Pollutec has developed a range of services specifically for them:
- International reception, where they can benefit from the advice of French experts in exporting and the environment, and the assistance of environment students.
- Individual meetings, organized by UBIFRANCE and ERAI, with companies and those involved in the environment in the Rhône-Alpes region (30/11 and 1/12 morning),
- Visits to model sites - water, air, waste, noise – in the Rhône-Alpes region (themed half days from afternoon 1/12 to 3/12),
- Visitor guide, bilingual (French/English) highlighting the show events and the most significant innovations.