New Kenics KMX-V Static Mixer Offers Enhanced Mixing Performance
For applications involving fluids with extreme viscosity or volume ratios, the most common limiting factor in static mixer design is allowable length.
The Kenics KMX-V Static Mixer, the latest addition to the Chemineer product line, is the best choice for these applications. It features a design that generates superior mixing per unit length for laminar flow and high/low viscosity ratio applications.
The KMX-V utilizes cross-stream mixing and flow splitting to achieve very rapid blending. Each element is approximately one pipe diameter in length and consists of multiple intersecting blades, which generates fluid layers as the mixture flows downstream.
Key design features of the Kenics KMX-V Static Mixer include the following:
- Superior mixing performance per unit length
- Proprietary V-Shaped blades
- Liquid dispersion / gas-liquid contacting
- Standard diameters up to 24”
- Injectors designed to optimize process
- High volumetric flow ratios between main stream and additive
Picture: KMX-V Static Mixer (Image: Chemineer)
Source: NOV, Inc.