Mouvex Introduces SLC4 and SLC8 Seal-less Drive Eccentric Disc Pumps for Chemical Applications
Mouvex is pleased to announce the availability of the SLC4 and SLC8 models of its Seal-less Drive Eccentric Disc Pumps. These pumps have been designed for use in general industry applications, as well as the handling of numerous chemical-based compounds, including isocyanates, polyols, additives, solvents, glues (starches and latex), paints and coatings (inks and resins), methacrylates and detergents.
The major technological advancement in the SLC4 and SLC8 pumps is the incorporation of a double-wall bellows into the design, along with monitoring that is done by pressure switch. By mounting the pressure switch on the bellows flange, the bellows becomes an independent sub-assembly within the pump, making for safer and easier operation.
Other improvements in the SLC4 and SLC8 pumps includes the ability to handle differential pressures up to 10 bar (145 psi) in the SLC4 and 6 bar (87 psi) in the SLC8, and high-quality sand castings that are integrated into the manifold flange and bracket, which are compatible with ISOPN16 and ANSI150 flanges.
Along with these advancements, the SLC4 and SLC8 pumps offer the features that Mouvex eccentric disc pumps are noted for, including:
- Completely seal-less design
- Self-priming and dry-run capabilities
- Exceptional volumetric efficiency even with variable viscosities and pressures
- A strong vacuum and compression effect that allows for line stripping
- Low shear rate for gentle product handling
- Flow Rate: SLS4 75 L/min (19.8 gpm); SLS8 133 L/min (35 gpm)
- Temperature: 100ºC (212ºF); Minimum: -15ºC (5ºF)
- Speed: 750 rpm
- Solid Particle Size: 2 mm (0.079 in.)
- Soft Particle Size: (6.5 mm (0.25 in.)
- Only two wear parts that can be replaced quickly while the pump is online
- Optional heating jacket
- Approved for use in ATEX atmospheres
The introduction of the innovative SLC4 and SLC8 pump is the latest step in Mouvex’s replacement of its C Series line, which was introduced in 1996. Already, the SLC1, SLC2 and SLC3 models have been introduced to the general industry and chemical markets, with the launch of the SLC12, SLC18, SLC24 and SLC36 models expected in 2014.
Picture: Seal-less Drive Pump SLC (Image: Mouvex)