Mostra Convegno ExpoCompfort 2002
Mostra Convegno EXPOCOMFORT is the global event for the heating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing and bathroom sectors. 270 exhibitors of the sector pumps, valves, pipe fittings and heating accessories will show their products at 15,923 m² exhibition area.
Over more than 40 years M C E has become a meeting point for the industry and a place for discussions and for taking stock. It provides a major show case for the future of heating and plumbing technology. The ability to combine a successful tradition with constant adaptation to new market requirements is the secret of the event’s success.
This great HVAC biennial opened the third millennium with a record show: 133,039 net m2 of exhibition space, 1,869 direct exhibitors representing some 3,000 Italian and foreign companies from no fewer than 42 countries, 159,351 trade visitors, including 19% from a total of 125 countries outside Italy. Foreign exhibitors accounted for 11% of the total, a 30% increase on the previous show.
The 33rd MCE, which is scheduled to run from 5th to 9th March 2002 at the Fiera Milano, is organized by Fiera Milano International. Since last July the organizer has had a new partner in the form of Reed Exhibition Companies. This group is the world’s largest show organizer, and, having taken over the European activities of Miller Freeman, it has become the partner of the Fondazione Fiera Milano in the Fiera Milano International joint venture.
Support from the extensive international sales network of Reed Exibition Companies means that MCE should enjoy a further period of consolidation through the expansion of its international audience.
The 33rd Mostra Convegno EXPOCOMFORT in 2002 will occupy the entire Milan exhibition centre, including the halls that up until now have not been used. This will allow a more rational arrangement of the exhibition sectors and the mapping out of clearly identified, coherent and logically routed visitor trails.
By reviewing the areas occupied by the event it has been possible to offer all the sectors more exhibition space to accommodate increased exhibitor numbers.
MCE 2002 aims to confirm its position as the world’s leading show case for bathroom products and solutions.As part of this drive, the Bathroom Halls, which focus on the aesthetic and design aspects, will again be located beside the halls featuring plumbing and water treatment.
The world of the bath and plumbing in its broadest sense is witnessing the emergence of two major subsectors, which are positioned alongside each other at the show. The first is devoted to "Plumbing and Water Treatment" companies and the other consists of the "Bathroom Halls". This arrangement reflects exhibitor demand and the objective is to more clearly define the technical aspects and the design, style and trend aspects of the bathroom. The Plumbing and Water Treatment halls will therefore primarily house companies whose products are hidden behind the wall, whilst the Bathroom Halls will give pride of place to companies whose focus is on design and aesthetics.
As part of the same desire to create an integrated exhibition, the Comfort&Design Prize will again be awarded. Significant product and process innovations from every sector of MCE will be eligible for this (last time it was restricted to the bathroom and plumbing sectors). That being said, the key concerns will remain design and the search for the new.
The conferences have always played a major role in the event as a means of providing professional training and the dissemination and updating of technical information and developments in regulations and standards. They are organized in close partnership with the leading associations in the sectors in question.
The subjects for discussion will be highly topical. In a fresh departure, a number of smaller and shorter duration workshops willl run alongside the conferences proper.
As usual, the 4th SERVITIS, the Heating and Plumbing Services Show, which is promoted by AMIC (the Association of System and Component Shows), will be staged simultaneously with the 33rd Mostra Convegno EXPOCOMFORT.
Mostra Convegno EXPOCOMFORT
March 5th to 9th, 2002
Source: Reed Exhibitions Ltd.