Hydraulic Institute Expands Membership Globally
Hydraulic Institute (HI) members have overwhelmingly voted to approved a landmark bylaw change which broadens membership eligibility to include pump and supplier companies that manufacture wholly outside of North America but sell into the North American market.
Previously, membership was only open to pump and supplier companies that had manufacturing or assembly operations in the U.S., Canada or Mexico.
According to Executive Director, Robert Asdal, “The expansion of HI’s membership footprint is a natural response to current conditions in the global marketplace. It is in direct alignment with the Institute’s stated vision to be a global authority on pumps and pumping systems. The active involvement of global companies will strengthen and add vitality to HI and the volunteer committees that drive the standards, guidelines, education programs and other initiatives of the Institute. We expect both our current and new international members, as well as the North American pump industry as a whole, to benefit from the change.”
International members will be encouraged to participate extensively in activities of the Institute to take advantage of the full range of services, programs and opportunities membership offers, including the following:
- Developing pump standards, guidebooks and educational materials
- Networking with their counterparts in North America
- Participating in the HI global statistics program
- Broadening their exposure to the North American marketplace through HI’s corporate marketing programs
- Staying current with industry and Hydraulic Institute news and participating in events
Source: Hydraulic Institute Inc.