HI Debuts Latest Standards on CD
Hydraulic Institute (HI) has introduced CD-ROM Version 3.0, its latest offering of ANSI/HI Standards presented in a CD format.
An update of an earlier CD offering, the new release is “state of the art” complete and contains a full set of all 30 current Standards on one convenient-to-use and easily portable CD-ROM. The cost is $1100 and represents a savings of more than $1,700 over purchasing Standards individually.
Included in Version 3.0’s set of 30 Standards are twelve recent Standard updates:
- Rotodynamic (Centrifugal) Pumps for Manuals Describing Installation, Operation, and Maintenance (ANSI/HI 1.4)
- Rotary Pump Tests (ANSI/HI 3.6)
- Sealless, Mechanically Driven Rotary Pumps for Nomenclature, Definitions, Applications, and Operation (ANSI/HI 4.1-4.6)
- Sealless Rotodynamic Pumps for Nomenclature, Definitions, Application, Operation, and Test (ANSI/HI 5.1-5.6)
- Rotodynamic Pumps for Assessment of Applied Nozzle Loads (ANSI/HI 9.6.2)
- Effects of Liquid Viscosity on Rotodynamic (Centrifugal & Vertical) Pump Performance (ANSI/HI 9.6.7)
- Air-Operated Pumps for Nomenclature, Definitions, Application and Operation (ANSI/HI 10.1-10.5)
- Air-Operated Pump Tests (ANSI/HI 10.6)
- Rotodynamic (Centrifugal) Slurry Pumps for Nomenclature, Definitions, Applications, and Operation (ANSI/HI 12.1-12.6)
- Rotodynamic Pumps for Hydraulic Performance Acceptance Tests (ANSI/HI 14.6)
- Rotodynamic (Centrifugal & Vertical) Pump Efficiency Prediction (ANSI/HI 20.3)
- Electronic Data Exchange for Pumping Equipment (HI 50.7)
According to Gregg Romanyshyn, the Hydraulic Institute’s Technical Director, “The new CD represents a tremendous convenience, in addition to being a great value! Users can gain immediate access to over 1,600 pages of the most current Standards simply by pointing and clicking . . . and do so whenever or wherever access to Standards is needed--- in the office or in the field.”
Features of Version 3.0 include: searchable PDF files, hypertext links from indexes to each Standard/Section/Page, bookmarks, and annotations. Printing and commenting are also enabled.
Current users of CD-ROM Version 2.2 can easily upgrade to Version 3.0; no additional software is required. However, users of CD-ROM Version 2.1 who did not previously upgrade to Version 2.2, will not be able to directly advance to Version 3.0 or apply future upgrades. Installation of CD-ROM Version 2.2 is a prerequisite for all upgrades. For a limited time, HI will continue to sell the 2.2 CD upgrade to assist Version 2.1 users. CD-ROM Version 3.0 upgrade is available via download now at the eStore. The charge is $150.00. HI members enjoy a 25% discount.
Source: Hydraulic Institute Inc.