HI Announces Young Engineer of the Year for 2012
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) recognized and honored A. Bruce Ticknor, Director of Engineering, National Pump Company as their first recipient of their Young Engineer of the Year award.
The 2012 award was presented to Mr. Ticknor during HI’s 2013 Annual meeting in Fort Myers, Florida.
This award was established to recognize the efforts and contributions of young pump engineers from member companies and Standard Partners who have made a significant impact within their current position and have also contributed to the advancement of the work of the Hydraulic Institute. The award is limited to engineers under the age of 40 (as of January 1 the year of nomination). Bruce has played a significant role in several HI technical committees including, but limited to:
- Rotodynamic (Vertical) Nomenclature (ANSI/HI 2.1-2.2) - Lead-chair
- Rotodynamic (Centrifugal) Pumps for Nomenclature and Definitions (ANSI/HI 1.1-1.2) - Co-chair
- Rotodynamic (Vertical) Applications (ANSI/HI 2.3) - Member
- Rotodynamic Pumps for Vibration Measurement and Allowable Values (ANSI/HI 9.6.4) - Member
- Rotodynamic Pumps Guideline for NPSH Margin (ANSI/HI 9.6.1) – Member
- Rotodynamic (Centrifugal & Vertical) Pumps - Guideline for Allowable Operating Region (ANSI/HI 9.6.3) – Member
- Pump Efficiency Expert Team – Member
In addition, Bruce continues to support other HI committees by providing spreadsheets, graphics, and test data as requested. He has been involved with HI since 2008 and is currently a 4-year VIP (Very Important Participant) of the Institute.
Source: Hydraulic Institute Inc.