Goulds Water Technology Enhances Line of Submersible Pumps
Goulds Water Technology, a Xylem brand, has enhanced its line of submersible sump pumps with the addition of two energy-efficient residential STS sump pumps. The STS sump pumps are available in two models, the STS21 (1/4hp) and the STS31 (1/3hp).
The STS pumps are stainless steel and feature less amp draw for greater energy efficiency. Designed primarily for the plumbing and contractor market, the STS pumps provide a superior pumping solution at 38GPM for basement draining, dewatering and water transfer applications.
The STS pumps use a unique discharge pipe connection to allow continuous operation at very low water levels while providing full motor cooling. Additional features include:
- Corrosion-resistant construction
- Glass-filled thermoplastic impeller and motor cover
- Upper and lower heavy-duty ball bearing construction
- Air-filled motor mounted in aluminum housing
- Permanently lubricated motor for extended service life and is powered for continuous operation
- Vertical float switch and mounting pipe that are adjustable for various liquid levels
- Complete unit is lightweight, portable and easy to service
- Stainless steel fasteners
The STS pumps also a SJE Rhombus float switch, an extra long 20-foot power cord with NEMA 5-12P plug, and ceramic/silicon carbide mechanical seal faces with BUNA elastomers that protect the motor.
Other specifications are:
- Discharge size: 1 1⁄2" NPT
- Capacities: to 38 GPM
- Maximum head: 25 feet TDH
- Max. solids: 3⁄16" spherical
- Temperature: 95º F (35º C) maximum liquid temperature
- Single phase, 3450 RPM, 60 Hz
- Built-in thermal overload protection with automatic reset
- Permanent-split-capacitor type
- Class B insulation
Picture: Goulds Water Technology STS sump pump (Image: Xylem)
Source: Xylem Inc.