Early Warning Monitor For Pump Systems
Bell & Gossett has introduced a new intelligent monitoring device that provides an early warning signal of pending pump trouble to help maximize pump performance and minimize life-cycle costs.
Named the i-Alert Condition Monitor, it continuously measures the vibrations and temperature at the pump power end and uses two red blinking LED’s to alert personnel when the pump exceeds pre-set vibrations and temperature limits so that action can be taken before permanent damage occurs.
The i-Alert is also equipped with a single green LED to indicate when the monitor is operational and has sufficient battery life. Other key attributes of the product include:
- Measures vibration and temperature every five minutes.
- Alarms if two consecutive readings of “high” levels.
- Vibration alarms include:
- 100% increase over baseline level (0.125 inch/sec minimum)
- Automatic 0.50 inch/sec
- Temperature alarm at 195°F (91°C)
- Ambient temperature range: -40°F to 212°F (-40°C to 100°C)
- Accuracy: ±15% across temperature range
- Battery: 3 to 5 year life, low voltage, non-replaceable, 3 volt Lithium
- CSA Certification for U.S. and Canada
- Patented design based on over 150 years of ITT pump experience and innovation.
The i-Alert will soon be standard on all Bell & Gossett Series 1510 End Suction Pumps.
“A visual indication of pump health also makes walk-around inspections more efficient and accurate,” said Steve Schmitz, Global Product Manager Centrifugal Pumps at ITT Residential & Commercial Water. “The i-Alert is the latest Bell & Gossett product designed to provide maximum energy savings.”
Source: Xylem Inc.