Bell & Gossett System Syzer Mobile App Now Available for Android
Xylem Inc. has announced that its Bell & Gossett System Syzer software program is available as a mobile application for the Android operating system.
System Syzer software program now available for Android operating systems (Image: Xylem)
Widely recognized as the industry standard for calculating flow rates and pressure drops in piping systems, the System Syzer Android app can be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store. HVAC professionals with a smartphone or smart mobile device can now enjoy the same functionality and program features while working in the field.
The System Syzer performs several critical calculations and offers a variety of unique features, including:
- Calculating the friction loss and velocity through various pipe types and sizes based on existing fluid conditions
- Calculating the relationship between fluid temperatures, system flow and heating/cooling load
- A unique Cv tool that shows the relationship between Cv, flow and head and accounts for fluid properties
- A Pipe Length/Pressure Drop tool that interfaces with the other calculators to view the relationship between pipe length, friction loss and total head loss
- A bundled Circuit Setter/Triple Duty Valve calculator that is very useful during the design phase to help predetermine valve settings, and out in the field, to determine flow through the valves based on pressure drop readings
The System Syzer application is based on the novel plastic wheel calculator designed by Bell & Gossett’s Gil Carlson. Widely recognized as the ‘Father of Modern Hydronics,” Carlson first introduced the System Syzer in 1963; it has since been distributed to well over 100,000 engineers and tradesmen.
The System Syzer was released as an app for Apple iPhone® and iPad® devices last year. It is also available for free download on all iPad and iPhone devices from the iTunes App Store®.
Source: Xylem Inc.