2019 Chem Show to Feature the Latest CPI Products and Technologies for Optimizing Plant Operations
Attendees are encouraged to create a My Show Planner user account to map out a full Chem Show experience and build a schedule of education seminars, product and technology presentations and booth visits. (Image source: International Exposition Co.)
CPI professionals looking to network across the industry and experience the latest advancements are encouraged to join 5,000+ colleagues at the 2019 Show at the Javits Center in New York City, October 22-24.
New Products, Technologies and Cross-Industry Discovery Yields Unique Takeaways
The 2019 Chem Show will feature more than 275 exhibiting companies as well a robust seminar program covering the latest trends, products and technologies advancing the chemical process industry and the many markets it serves. CPI professionals can expect to gain valuable insight on production quality, safety best practices, process efficiency and economic viability. What’s more, is the unique opportunity to interact with professionals from all industries within the CPI to network and share applications and practices for problem-solving and processing methods.
“The Chem Show is the largest event in North America exclusively focused on the processing of fluids, powders and gases. It presents a unique opportunity to see the latest in new products and technologies all under one roof,” said Mark Stevens, manager of Chem Show. “It s the best place to come and see what’s new in processing and exchange industry best practices with professionals serving different industries within the CPI. There are also emerging markets within the CPI that present great opportunities to learn from one another and develop new partnerships.”
Discover Exhibitor Solutions to Meet Processing Needs
Attendees can view products and technologies to be featured at the Show by visiting the Chem Show website and using the search feature. Search results can be filtered in alphabetical order, by exhibitor company name or by product category. Attendees are encouraged to create a My Show Planner user account to map out a full Chem Show experience and build a schedule of education seminars, product and technology presentations and booth visits.
Below is a brief overview of the innovation and equipment that will be on display at the 2019 Show:
Process, Production, Environmental/Safety Equipment
- A self-cleaning water filtration system that uses automatic filters to offer direct filtration to dirty water sources.
- Solutions to detect and temporarily contain hazardous leaks and sprays that occur when piping connections fail and offer protection from employee injury, negative environmental impact and damage to investments.
- A cooling tower constructed using anti-microbial resins that prevent the uncontrolled growth of microorganisms and biofilm inside the vessel.
- A powerful air motor that can achieve the same delivery capacity with 20 percent less connection pressure and 4 percent less air consumption compared to other products.
- High-temperature heat transfer fluid that withstands 650°F(345°C) andoffers continuous operation at the recommended temperature threshold without disruption.
- An ultrasonic extractor designed for industrial processes requiring high energy demands and large volume production in application uses such as homogenization, emulsification, dispersing, extraction and more.
Process Controls, Instruments, Meters and Testing
- An ultrasonic flow meter that measures small volume flows with precision, linearity and low-pressure drops typically used in chemical, food, beverage, pharmaceutical and medical industry applications.
- Digital tools that support less downtime via hardware and software-based fan monitoring.
- An analytics platform that assists process engineers in the visualization, analysis and monitoring of production data.
- A wireless pump controller accessible via IoT-enabled sharing on your mobile device or computer that allows for the control of multiple pumps simultaneously to calibrate, totalize, as well as run batch and pump algorithms.
Filtration/Separation Equipment & Products
- Simulation-based capabilities that allow you to explore process and optimization from concept through manufacturing scale-up.
- An automatic backwash filter designed for fine filter ratings down to 1μm ideal for chemical, petrochemical and other industrial processes as a solution to bridge the gap between traditional backwash filters and precoat or membrane filtration.
- Rotary drum vacuum filters for continuous filtration and clarification of liquid product for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and other CPI applications.
- Fast centrifugal partition chromatography liquid-liquid purification technology for high value-added compounds and molecules.
Pumps, Valves, Piping and Tubing
- Sealless pumps designed with mag drive technology that offer leak-proof pumping using corrosion resistant engineered plastics, as well as flow ranges to 200 GPM and pressures to 166 feet of head.
- A control valve designed using aerospace methods for fluid control, sealing and mechanical systems that reduces fugitive emissions by up to 95 percent.
- An ultrasonic processing system to move liquid material to the ultrasonic reactor at constant flow and constant pressure.
Plant/Maintenance and Miscellaneous Products
- A calibration software platform that aids in the planning, management, analysis and documentation of all calibration work and assets safely and efficiently in regulated industries where seamless integration of IT systems is critical to business efficiency, profitability, and growth.
- A liquid bulk transfer system that mitigates product loss while reducing processing time, environmental impact and worker safety risks.
In addition to exhibitor booth displays on the Show floor, the 2019 Chem Show will host an Equipment and Technology Showcase in which exhibitors will present an overview of the CPI’s latest technologies available on the market as well as those debuting at the Show. Each presentation will last approximately 20 minutes and will be held on the exhibit floor. Sessions are free to attendees and no additional registration is necessary. Below is a snapshot of scheduled presentations:
- Alliance Technologies will present chemical testing services that can assist chemical manufacturing clients when troubleshooting process problems or product quality issues.
- Emerson will introduce measurement products and how they can be used to help operators improve performance in the areas of safety, reliability, production, and energy management.
- Engineering Planning and Management, Inc. (EPM) will provide information on fire protection engineering, process safety services and software solutions.
- Robatel will discuss a modern approach for obtaining pure fractions of cannabinoids using Fast Centrifugal Partition Chromatography (FCPC), including the process that was optimized for extracts containing a mixture of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), Cannabidiol (CBD), Cannabigerol (CBG), and respectiveisomers, and how these pure fractions can be obtained in semi-prep, preparative, and production quantities.
- Tekleen will explain why you should filter your water as well as provide a basic understanding of water filtration.
- ORG CHEM Group will discuss thebenefits of using a commercial toll processor specializing in high vacuum short path distillation.
Source: International Exposition Co.