2011 AHR Expo Already Setting New Records
With several weeks still remaining before the 2011 AHR Expo in Las Vegas January 31 – February 2, Show Management reports that it is already bigger than the largest Western event ever held, which was in Anaheim, California in 2004.
Nearly 1,900 exhibiting companies have already reserved more than 374,000 square feet of booth space. This represents a 15 percent increase in both the number of exhibiting companies and booth space reserved.
These numbers include 100 first-time exhibitors and nearly 400 international companies from 31 different countries. In addition, visitor pre-registration is running ahead of last year’s AHR Expo in Orlando that attracted 45,000 registered HVACR professionals (28,582 registered visitors). The Orlando attendance set a new record for Southeast HVACR events.
“Based on these early indicators, we expect a very strong event in Las Vegas,” said Clay Stevens, president of International Exposition Company, which produces and manages the AHR Expo. “We believe the improving economy and the fact that it is being held in the West for the first time in seven years are the main reasons for this enthusiastic response.”
Stevens added that AHR Expo covers all segments of the HVACR industry, including the new solar and green technologies that are experiencing strong growth. A comprehensive educational program and special show features also attract a significant number of HVACR professionals from around the world. The 2011 educational offerings and special show features include:
- More Than 130 conference sessions, seminars and workshops on a variety of critical industry topics, including 31 free sessions from several endorsing associations and organizations
- Seventy-Three New Product Technology Theater free presentations where companies briefly unveil their latest products and technologies
- Nine Emerging Technologies Sessions from exhibiting companies presenting new solutions
- Building Automation & Control Showcase featuring over 100 companies presenting state-of-the-art solutions
- The Software Center with over 50 companies showcasing the latest advancements
- The Sustainable Technologies Demonstration Training Trailer featuring interactive displays of equipment that could be included in a Platinum-rated USCBC Leed Green Building
- Several hundred new products on display from nearly 1,900 suppliers
Source: International Exposition Co.