With the VariA, Biral has brought a completely reworked range of inline pumps onto the market. The VariA, produced in three versions and in different designs, is available as the VariA-E with the AQVAtron frequency converter, which is also new. This will also be offered separately from 2015 and can be used on all dry-running pumps, even on products other than those from Biral.
With the VariA, Biral brought a completely reworked range of inline pumps onto the market at the beginning of July 2014. Various types in the range demonstrate better hydraulic efficiency, and moreover, Biral has closed product gaps, simplified the order reference of the VariA based on the ModulA range, and adapted the operation of the new AQVAtron frequency converter to that of the Biral family. Biral customers therefore now find the same user philosophy from the smallest AX to the A, and from ModulA to VariA-E, and benefit from the highest level of user-friendliness.
VariA pumps are available in three versions:
- RED – basically they can also be used wherever the medium is warmer than the ambient temperature and the proportion of glycol does not exceed 25 % (15° to 140°C and up to 25% glycol);
- GREEN1 – coated with a special protective paint, which protects the pump from condensation water if the medium is colder than the ambient temperature (–10° to 90°C and up to 25% glycol);
- GREEN2 – treated with a special protective paint, which protects the pump from condensation water if the medium is colder than the ambient temperature, and also fitted with a specially adapted mechanical shaft seal that is particularly suitable for even lower temperatures and for a glycol content of up to 50% in the medium (–20° to 60°C and up to 50% glycol).
With the new AQVAtron frequency converter, the VariA becomes a VariA-E
With the new AQVAtron frequency converter in the range, the VariA can be equipped with a variety of additional options as the VariA-E. The AQVAtron can be mounted on the motor of the VariA-E, or separately from it with a wall-mounting holder, to ensure easier access. The VariA-E can be operated as regulated or controlled:
Thanks to sophisticated software, the VariA-E can work in three different operating modes (proportional pressure, constant pressure and constant speed), which can be adjusted directly on the control panel of the pump. The frequency converter has three digital inputs (external on/off switch and external setting to minimum or maximum speed) as well as to relays, to transmit fault, operating and ready messages.
- Regulated with built-in frequency converter and differential pressure transmitter
- Regulated with separate frequency converter and differential pressure transmitter
- Controlled with built-in frequency converter and differential pressure transmitter
- Controlled with separate frequency converter and differential pressure transmitter
As with wet running pumps, the VariA-E is distinctive due to the familiar Biral control panel (see image): the light display enables an overview of the most important information for setting the pump at any time, and the Biral impeller – a rotating light display – shows operating, ready, warning and alarm messages in an incredibly simple way. Thanks to the interface with the Biral Remote adapter, the VariA-E can also communicate wirelessly with a smartphone. The Biral Remote app can display operating data and send it via e-mail. Operating modes and the target value can be set, pump numbers assigned as well as reading alarm and warning messages.
Picture: New VariA Pumps from Biral (Image: Biral)