Xylem Inc. will launch a range of new wastewater solutions during the WEFTEC 2012 trade show in New Orleans.
Among the highlights for Xylem during WEFTEC 2012 are the following:
In addition, Xylem’s President and CEO Gretchen McClain will participate in the “Water Leaders 2012: Rethinking Water Services” panel, keynoted by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson, to discuss smarter ways of managing water to meet the needs of urbanizing populations.
- Xylem continues to grow its Analytics offering with the recent acquisition of MJK Automation A/S (Hall I, #7629), enhancing its expertise in ground, surface and wastewater measurement and analysis. Additions to the company’s range of integrated solutions come from Xylem’s YSI brand including the IQ SensorNet 2020 XT, the digital multiparameter system, an ideal solution for online water quality monitoring, versatile water quality sensors, the EXO family of sondes and new colorimeters with a comprehensive line of chemistries.
- During WEFTEC Xylem will unveil two new additions to its wastewater pumping portfolio that are designed to reduce investment and maintenance costs while maximizing a pump station’s performance and efficiency. The Flygt Slimline Propeller Pumps use smaller discharge column sizes resulting in a smaller pump station footprint which in turn minimizes civil construction costs. Unlike general purpose program logic control (PLC) systems, Xylem’s new Flygt APP 800 pump control system has been specifically engineered to control water and wastewater transport systems. This provides customers with a better understanding of the actual cost of their pumping operations by showing real-time liquid volumes and energy consumption.
- Xylem will launch three new wastewater treatment solutions during WEFTEC designed to deliver optimum wastewater treatment while maximizing energy efficiency. Wedeco Duron is an open channel ultraviolet (UV) disinfection system that delivers clean, safe, treated wastewater of the highest standard using a minimum of energy. The Sanitaire BioLoop oxidation ditch is a new biological wastewater treatment solution that cuts energy use by up to 50 percent while the Leopold I.M.S 1000 media retainer replaces support gravel in the wastewater market, making it the only media retainer available for wastewater.
- Xylem’s Godwin Heidra NC Series is the latest addition to the company’s dewatering portfolio. Godwin Heidra 150NC pumps are self-contained hydraulic submersible pumps ready to go anywhere and operate in the toughest conditions. With Flygt N-technology, they offer the ability to pass stringy and fibrous solids through their impeller without clogging.
- Also at the show Xylem announced the extension of its Xylem TotalCare service portfolio for Flygt customers in the US. TotalCare is a comprehensive, integrated portfolio of services to keep water and wastewater equipment running at optimal efficiency. TotalCare is already available for Xylem’s Wedeco brand and will be extended to cover the Godwin, Leopold and Sanitaire brands in the US in 2013.
We are excited to showcase our industry-leading products, as well as our Xylem brand identity at WEFTEC,” said Gretchen McClain, president and CEO of Xylem. “As we near our one-year anniversary as a standalone water company, we look continue to devote our technology, time and talent to advancing the smart use of water, and to help all of our constituencies understand the importance of efficient water and wastewater management to the health of the economy.”
WEFTEC is the largest conference of its kind in North America and is recognized as the largest annual water quality exhibition in the world. The expansive show floor provides unparalleled access to the most cutting-edge technologies in the field; serves as a forum for domestic and international business opportunities; and promotes invaluable peer-to-peer networking between its more than 18,000 attendees.