Since lifting stations have to remain efficient it is sometimes necessary to create an effective system capable to automatically clean the pits internally even in critical working condition periods.
The system has to grant the following effects:
- Keep moving the liquid so the solids, that naturally tend to settle on the bottom, especially in the zones where the fluid is calm, remain in suspension.
- Fluidize and blend oils and greases with wastewater, to prevent them from building up on the surface and forming froth and crusts.
The experience Caprari acquired during more than 60 years in this particular sector, designing, manufacturing and installing pumping, mixing and aeration equipment for water and wastewater, has contributed towards the creation of a “Flushing system” that differs from the solutions currently available on the market because of its superior hydraulic performance, simple construction and low running costs.
The system includes:
One electric mixer
- All materials in contact with the liquid are made of stainless steel (propeller, motor casing, bearing / sliding bracket)
- Low power installed - 0,75 kW (1,1 kW for large tanks)
- Self-cleaning propeller complete with anti-clogging protection
- Positionable bearing / sliding bracket
One installation and removal device for open or closed tanks
- All materials in contact with the liquid are made of stainless steel
- Positionable guide pole
The system keeps the liquid in the lifting station constantly moving in a powerful and diffused way.
- A more vigorous cleaning effect on the lifting station bottom
Since the mixer orientation can be adjusted on both vertical and horizontal planes, the flow can be directed below the minimum suction level of the pumps. Moreover, this system allows to have the best performance, to suit the size and configuration of the lifting station.
- Superior hydraulic characteristics (flow rate / thrust)
Stations equipped with 4-5 pumps requires 1 mixer only.
- Safe management
Service operations are easier since the mixer works in a self-contained mode and is installed separately from the pump units. This means that the overall efficiency of the lifting station is restricted and reduced only to the time period required for maintenance activity.
- Flexible operation
The MixoFlush system can be activated independently from the pumps start cycle and the operating time can be programmed to suit the hold / operating time settings of the pumping station itself.
Picture: MixoFlush (Image: Caprari)