This year’s Pollutec will take place from November 28 to December 1 in Lyons, France. 20 years after its first show in Lyons, Pollutec, the international exhibition of environment equipment, technologies and services, looks as if it will set new records for participation by attracting more than 2,400 exhibitors from thirty countries.
A unique range of solutions covering 100,000 m2
Over 65,000 trade visitors - manufacturers, specifiers and local authority officials are expected at this major global environment event.
Occupying 100,000 m2 of space, Pollutec will offer them a unique range of equipment, processes and services in all fields of the environment: Water, Waste/Recycling, Air, Analysis-Measurement-Monitoring, Clean energies and Renewables, Risk prevention and management, Sites and Soils, Noise, Sustainable development, Health & Environment, Cleaning and Engineering.
As well as an extremely comprehensive range of solutions to ensure that their installations comply with regulations (treatment of particle laden effluents, exploitation of special wastes, controlling risks associated with their activities…), visitors will be able to view equipment across all sectors needed for their processes: compressors, pumps, measurement equipment….
The Water and Waste/Recycling sectors will continue to occupy a dominant position, accounting for over 1,600 exhibitors and 70% of the show’s area by themselves. Their growth has also made it necessary to introduce a more detailed division into sub sectors this year. Water will be split into 4 sub sectors (Pipes/Tubes - Pumps/Taps - Treatment/Operation - Independent Drainage/Small Scale Installations) and so will Waste (Collection/Treatment - Recycling/Exploitation - Cleaning/Water Cleansing/Disposal - Waterproofing).
However, there will also be plenty of space at Pollutec for activities such as the Decontamination of polluted sites and soils (which has doubled in area in two years) and the Prevention/Management of risks, which have become sectors in their own right at the show, as well as for new professional concerns. Major expert centres - Health & Environment, Sustainable Development, Renewables - combining information, discussions and concrete solutions will be organized for the visitors.
As of 15th July, 16 countries had already announced that they would have official national stands: Austria, Belgium (Wallonia), Brazil, country of the year, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Germany (Baden Württemberg, Bavaria and North Rhine Westphalia), Japan (via NEDO), Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden (region of Göteborg), Switzerland (region of Lake Geneva), the United Kingdom (and Wales) and the United States.
However, international expansion this year will be even more marked in terms of individual stands. A total of more than 750 foreign exhibitors, many of them newcomers are expected at Pollutec.
Technological innovation will of course be to the fore, and more so than ever this year. As of 15th July, the first innovations submitted to the press office look very promising: reducing VOCs, decontamination of equipment polluted with PCBs, sonochemical treatment of polluted bodies, grinding tyres linked to the production of fuel.
Six sets of awards providing recognition for innovative products or approaches will also be presented at the show. These will include the EEP Awards 2006 (29/11), the European environmental innovation awards organized by the EEP (European Environmental Press) association, with the support of the EFAEP (European Federation of Associations of Environmental Professionals).
An exceptional international programme
In 2004, at Lyons, Pollutec attracted nearly 7,000 foreign visitors from 102 countries. This year there will undoubtedly be more given the exceptional programme of meetings on offer. As of 15th July the following had already been announced:
- A series of events linked to Brazil, country of the year at Pollutec: hosting a major official delegation, conferences and meetings on the needs and priorities of the country (water, CDM projects, alternative energies, clean technologies…), business meetings, site visits
- A Czech Republic Day devoted to the waste economy (30/11)
- Al-Invest meetings (28/11-30/11), business meeting organized by UBIFRANCE within the framework of the European Al-Invest programme between French and foreign companies (countries so far announced: Poland, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy).
- Presentations of market opportunities, particularly in Poland (29/11).
- An international business convention (29/11 and 30/11), organized by the Rhône-Alpes region and the ERAI to encourage commercial partnerships and technology transfers between French and foreign companies (10 participating countries).
- A major conference on the sustainable management of water resources and services organized by Green Cross International: Water for life, water for the people – Water meetings and decentralized co-operation (29/11). Leading international figures are expected for the occasion, including (subject to confirmation): Loïc Fauchon, President of the World Water Council; Abdou Diouf, Secretary General of the International Francophone Organization; Federico Mayor, former Director General of UNESCO, Wangari Maathai, Nobel Peace Prize winner.
Dedicated services for foreign visitors
Numerous delegations are of course expected at the show, particularly from the new members states of the European Union, North Africa, Canada, Latin America (Brazil, of course, but also Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile …) and Asia (China, Japan…).
In order to enable them to make the most of their visit and to help them make contacts, Pollutec will be making a series of special services available to them: Exportation Reception, where they will be able to obtain the advice of French experts in the environment and exporting; visits to model sites in the Rhône-Alpes region; bilingual visitor guide (in French and English) covering all the events at the show and the most striking innovations….